Transports by the Daviess/ DeKalb Regional Jail’s officers to and from detention facilities will
be conducted, but not limited, by the following guidelines:
- Prisoners will be transported in a Daviess/ DeKalb Regional Jail marked vehicles.
- Prisoners will be responsibly and professionally restrained complete with leg restraints, belly chain or “Y” chain, and hand cuffs during all transports.
- Prisoners will be seat belted at all times while being transported in a jail vehicle. (No smoking, eating, horseplay, or contact with the general public will be allowed).
- Prisoners will be helped in and out of the jail vehicles by Daviess/ DeKalb Regional Jail’s officers to reduce risk of injury.
- Prisoners will be responsibly and professionally escorted from each facility.
- At the completion of the transport, transportation officers will complete proper paperwork and secure the jail vehicles according to Daviess/ DeKalb Regional Jail’s transportation policy.